It's been a few years since I made a yearly reading list to tie into my yearly goals, and in an effort to curb my habit of reading multiple books at a time and not finishing them, I am starting a list of books I'm interested in reading this year that support my overall goals. I'm hoping to focus on reading about one to two books a month. No doubt I'll skip some on this list and add others, but it's a good starting point, and it makes me excited to read and learn in this next year!
(Editor's Note: Although, you MIGHT note I've already started quite a few of these...so my reading-multiple-books-at-a-time habit might prove A BIT hard to break!) :)
1. Know God more and trust Him more.
- The Bible (my goal is to read through and study the Old Testament this year - currently reading and studying Exodus)
- Idols of the Heart by Elyse Fitzpatrick (currently reading this!)
- God is Good: He's Better Than You Think by Bill Johnson
- Re-read The Knowledge of The Holy by A.W. Tozer
- Finding I Am by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Names of God by Ann Spangler
2. Grow STRONGER (mentally, physically, and spiritually).
- Out of the House of Bread: Satisfying Your Hunger for God with the Spiritual Disciplines by Preston Yancey
- The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer
- Faith Forward Future: Moving Past your Disappointments, Delays, and Destructive Thinking by Chad Veach (currently reading this)
- Switch on Your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf
- The Wellness Revelation by Alisa Keeton
3. Practice praise.
- Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do by Paul David Tripp (started this last year but didn't finish it, so I picked it up again)
- Delighting in God by A.W. Tozer (another book I started a few years ago but didn't finish)
4. Be humble, willing, and faithful right where God has me.
- Wholeheartedly Devoted (currently going through this devotional a second time!)
- Biblical Femininity by Chrystie Cole
- Party of One: Truth, Longing, and the Subtle Art of Singleness by Joy Beth Smith
5. Wait well (purposefully, not passively).
- Teach Us to Want: Longing, Ambition, and the Life of Faith (I watched a study of this book on RightNow Media and enjoyed it so much I decided to order the book! I'm planning to read this during the Lenten season)
- Loving Your Husband Before You Even Have One By Kim Vollendorf
- Written by Laura Dudek (going through this currently!)