I started my morning with coffee (of course!) and working through my Cultivate What Matters 2018 Powersheets. I've been going through last year's pages, as well as everything I've written so far, gathering inspiration and looking for common threads. I've also been building a Pinterest board and collecting images that inspire me and remind me of what's important.
In this post, I'm going to share what fires me up and inspires me, what I'm saying yes and no to in 2018, the word I've selected for the year ahead, and my 2018 vision statement :)
It was fun to see how much my inspiration list changed and evolved from last year. 2017 was a huge year of pruning and refinement for me, and I can absolutely see that reflected when comparing last year's powersheets to this year's.
WHAT INSPIRES ME + FIRES ME UP
- Reading good books and learning new things
- Worship music that fuels my faith (especially Elevation Worship!)
- Meaningful conversations
- Making memories and creating traditions with friends and family
- Encouraging others
- Studying and teaching God's Word
- Lattes and cute coffee shops (coffee + creativity)
- Writing + blogging
- Journals and journaling
- Strength training (I never would have thought this would make the list! But I am loving the process of getting stronger little by little)
- Encouraging single women to wait on God purposefully, rather than passively
- Remembering that God's plan is always better than ours and that He can do
immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine
- Dreaming and praying BIG
WHAT I’M SAYING NO TO IN 2018:
- Building my Kingdom over God’s Kingdom
- Clutter (mental and physical)
- Doubting God and His goodness
- Wasting time and money
- Clinging to the past; looking backward, rather than forward
- Not trusting + hoping in God’s promises
- Choosing worldly comforts/fulfillment over Jesus
- Too much scrolling/screen time
WHAT I’M SAYING YES TO IN 2018:
- God’s plan in God’s time
- Trusting God with my desire for marriage (and waiting well); it is an honor to wait and pray for my future husband, and as I continue to wait and pray, I want to remember this
- Knowing God more and trusting Him more
- Loving and serving God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength (a life and heart devoted to Him in all things)
- Being humble + willing and pouring out all I have to know, love, and serve Him in every season and circumstance
- Word before World
- Prioritizing people + relationships (family, friends, co-workers, dating intentionally); building strong/meaningful relationships
- Growing stronger (continuing to work with my personal trainer)
- Eating clean-ish ;) (and doing the Whole30 again at the beginning of the year)
- Building God’s Kingdom
- Studying and teaching the Word
- Worshiping BIG
- NEW things and possibilities (new experiences, new adventures, learning new things)
- Praise + adoration (especially in prayer)
- Bold prayers + expectant faith
- Sharing my story for God’s glory
MY WORD FOR 2018
You may have seen the post on Instagram, but I've selected the word DEVOTED for 2018. I am choosing to live this year with a heart devoted to Him. A heart devoted to the study and teaching of His word. To knowing Him more and building His Kingdom over my own. To trusting, seeking, and putting Him first, regardless of if He brings new circumstances or opportunities my way. This life I’m living is His, and I want to be devoted to Him in all things. It also means I’m devoted to keep pursuing the dreams and callings He places on my heart and my life (like marriage, family, and teaching and writing for Him). And it means saying YES to wherever He leads.
My heart is to deepen my trust in Him this next year and live with a confident and Expectant Faith.
And finally (thanks for sticking with me!), here's my vision statement for the year ahead. I've been writing yearly vision statements for the past few years, and they really help me write goals that focus on and cultivate what matters most. It's a way for me to take all of the steps I've done so far and summarize them.
MY VISION STATEMENT FOR 2018
In 2018, I will focus on knowing, loving, and serving God with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength (Matthew 22:37). I will seek to know and trust Him more (completely, entirely, without reservation or exception), and I will be open to His will and His way in all things. I will wait and pray for His plan, in His time, trusting Him with all of my most precious dreams and desires (especially marriage). 2018 will be a year where I prioritize Jesus (Word before World, His way and His Kingdom over mine). I will study and teach His Word, using my creativity and curiosity to build the Kingdom, and I will continue to be brave in sharing my story all for His glory. I will prioritize people and relationships, from family and friends to dating intentionally. I will pray BIG and with expectant faith, and I will never give up hope, knowing that He is a God who can flip the script and change the story at any time.
I'll be back soon to share the 2018 goals I write.
Are you doing goals for the year ahead? If so, I'd love to hear about your process and progress. I want to cheer you on! :)